Access for all
Access Scheme for disabled customers
We know that some of our customers have specific mobility issues, disabilities or other needs. Joining our free Access Scheme is the best way to help us provide you with the appropriate support you need. You can find out more by reading our Access Guide.
Why should I join?
Joining our free Access Scheme is the best way to help us provide you with the appropriate support you need. Once you have completed the simple free registration we will know clearly what you need from us to make your visit an enjoyable one. Whether that’s simply help getting to your seat, the use of the hearing induction loop, a specific seat such as a wheelchair space or transfer seat, if you join the Access Scheme we will know and understand your access requirements.
How do I join the Access scheme?
You can join the access scheme by post, in person or online.
- Download the PDF form to your computer, print it out and complete the form and then return it to us in the post addressed to Box Office, Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BP.
- Complete the online form
- Pop into Box Office and complete the Access scheme form. You can find Box Office opening times here.
You will need to have joined the Access Scheme before you can purchase accessibility seats.
What forms of Proof of Disability do you accept?
We accept the following -
- Department of Work & Pensions letter confirming Disability Living Allowance
- Department of Work & Pensions letter confirming Attendance Allowance status
- Department of Work & Pensions letter confirming Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- A Certificate of Visual Impairment
- Official / Documented evidence you are registered as severely sight impaired (blind)
- UK-recognised identification for an Assistance Dog
- National Rail Disabled Persons Railcard
- Any other International Disability Documentation