Ensuring you enjoy your visit
Liverpool Philharmonic strives to be as accessible as possible to all patrons and has been awarded Bronze Standard accreditation from Attitude is Everything.
Please let the Box Office know of your specific requirements when booking your tickets in order to make best use of our facilities.
To ensure they are available to those who need them spaces for wheelchair users are not available to buy online, please visit or call Box Office on 0151 709 3789 to purchase these tickets.
Ticketing policy for customers requiring assistance
Wheelchair users and other customers who require a companion or carer to assist their visit are entitled to a free ticket for the companion/carer on production of appropriate identification. Other disabled patrons may also be eligible for a discount. It is advisable to book your tickets in advance to ensure the seats you require are available.
Liverpool Philharmonic Hall Refurbishment
During the 2014-15 season we are undertaking a major refurbishment of Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. Plans include:
- enabling wheelchair access to the Circle for the first time
- lift access to all the foyer areas
- improved toilet provision
- improved way-finding
- improved audio loop coverage
- increased seating choice
As we go through our refurbishment these facilities may not always be available, please call 0151 709 3789 for further information.
- Level access is available to the foyer and Box Office from the Hope Street main entrance.
- Small passenger lift and level access is available in the foyer to the stalls and boxes in the auditorium and to the Grand Foyer Bar. Large passenger lift access from foyer to the Grand Foyer Bar, Grand and Upper Circle.
- Spaces for wheelchairs plus companions are available in Boxes 7 ,8 and 15, 16 in the front of the Stalls and in the Grand Circle. Limited on street parking for blue badge holders.
- Accessible unisex WCs are available in the foyer - allowing right hand or left hand transfer. A further accessible WC can be found close to Box 16.
- An infra-red hearing enhancing system is available in the auditorium which can be used with (with a necklace loop and the hearing aide set to the “T” position) or without a hearing aid (with a headset). necklace loops and headsets are available free of charge through a refundable deposit system from the Box Office (subject to availability).
- The Box Office has a low level counter to improve accessibility for wheelchair users and an Induction Loop hearing enhancement system for hearing aid users.
- Tickets can be booked by telephone via the Text relay service (www.textrelay.org) during standard Box Office hours.
- Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the building and water is available for them. Please advise the Box Office when purchasing your ticket if you are bringing an assistance dog.
Stewards and trained first aid personnel are on duty during any performance to assist you if required. Please contact the Box Office on 0151 709 3789 for further information about disabled facilities.
Large print versions of the brochures are available from the marketing department by calling 0151 210 2895.
Baby Changing Facilities
Baby changing facilities are available in the WC in the outer corridor of the auditorium close to box 16.
All areas of the building are non-smoking. Alcohol and glassware are not permitted in the auditorium. The auditorium usually opens 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Please ensure that all mobile phones and other communications devices are switched off before entering the auditorium.
Flash photography or recording of any performance in any format is strictly prohibited.
Attitude is Everything Bronze Award
Attitude is Everything improves Deaf and disabled people's access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry to implement a Charter of Best Practice across the UK. Read more at www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk