Ensuring you enjoy your visit
Liverpool Philharmonic strives to be as accessible as possible to all patrons and has been awarded Bronze Standard accreditation from Attitude is Everything.
Please let the Box Office know of your specific requirements when booking your tickets in order to make best use of our facilities.
To ensure they are available to those who need them spaces for wheelchair users are not available to buy online, please visit or call Box Office on 0151 709 3789 to purchase these tickets.
Ticketing policy for customers requiring assistance
Wheelchair users and other customers who require a companion or carer to assist their visit are entitled to a free ticket for the companion/carer on production of appropriate identification. Seats for wheelchair users and able bodied companions are available at the front and rear of the stalls and in boxes 7 and 16.
Liverpool Philharmonic provides a range of facilities for customers with disabilities, including:
• Level access is available to the foyer and box office from the Hope Street main entrance and Caledonia Street side entrance.
• Passenger lift and level access is available in the foyer to the stalls and boxes in the auditorium and to the Grand Foyer Bar, Rubato Café Bar and the Rodewald Suite (the venue for the After 8 series and other events)
• Spaces for wheelchairs plus companions are available in boxes 7 and 16, in the front and rear stalls, and in the Grand Foyer Bar and Rubato Café Bar.
• A Liverpool City Council controlled blue badge parking bay for up to six cars is available in front of the Caledonia Street side entrance on a first come first served basis.
• Unisex WCs are available in the outer corridor of the auditorium close to Box 7, outside the Rodewald Suite and at the rear of Rubato Café Bar.
• An infra-red hearing enhancement system is available in the auditorium which can be used with (with a necklace loop and the hearing aid set to the ‘T’ position) or without a hearing aid (with a headset). Necklace loops and headsets are available free of charge through a refundable deposit system at the foyer cloakroom (subject to availability).
• The box office has a low level counter to improve accessibility for wheelchair users and an Induction Loop hearing enhancement system for hearing aid users.
• Tickets can be booked by telephone via the Text Relay service (www.textrelay.org) during standard box office hours.
• Both bars in the Grand Foyer Bar have low level counters to improve accessibility for wheelchair users.
• Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the building and water is available for them. Please advise the box office when purchasing your ticket if you are bringing an assistance dog.
Stewards and trained first aid personnel are on duty during any performance to assist you if required. Please contact the Box Office on 0151 709 3789 for further information about disabled facilities.
Large print and audio versions of brochures are available by calling 0151 210 2895 or emailing
Baby Changing Facilities
Baby changing facilities are available in the WC in the outer corridor of the auditorium close to box 7.
All areas of the building are nonsmoking. Alcohol and glassware are not permitted in the auditorium (including the boxes) at any time. The auditorium usually opens 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance. Flash photography or recording of any performance in any format is strictly prohibited.
Attitude is Everything Bronze Award
Attitude is Everything improves Deaf and disabled people's access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry to implement a Charter of Best Practice across the UK. Read more at www.attitudeiseverything.org.uk