Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Choir
Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Choir is one of the country’s finest youth choirs, offering young singers from the region exceptional choral training and performance experience.
- Performing and recording with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir.
- Direction from experienced and talented conductors and tutors.
- Performing at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall and regional venues.
- Singing exciting and challenging choral works.
- Discounted tickets to concerts and events at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.
- Opportunities to undertake work experience with Royal Liverpool Philharmonic.
- Performing alongside some of the finest young singers in the region.
Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Choir performs throughout the year at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall and across the region. The choir regularly performs with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir and has been broadcast on BBC Radio 3 and appeared on television and at the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall. The choir’s repertoire covers a wide variety of musical styles including classical, jazz, folk and world music, and several composers have written works especially for the ensemble. Recent performances include Mahler Symphony No. 3, Orff Carmina Burana and Holst The Planets.
Simon Emery director
Simon Emery is currently in his 13th year as Director of Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Choir. He gained his LTCL in violin performance at 16, then studied violin and voice at BirminghamUniversity. He has studied as a conductor with Doreen Rao, John Flood and Stephen Hatfield. As Director ofMusic at the Liverpool Blue Coat School, he directs the school choral and orchestral programmes, as well as leading a strong academic department. In addition to his conducting and teaching he is active as a jazz pianist, adjudicator and accompanist.
Interested in joining?
Find out how you can join the Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Choir, by viewing our Join the LPYC page .